Thursday

Early Senoritis

So the seniors are gone.  Their last day didn't bring any major surprises, they acted pretty much how I would have expected them to.  A some of yelling, a lot of pretty hilarious costumes, and an apathy towards KW class that bordered on aggressive.  What did surprise me was something I saw from a group of fellow juniors.

As the bell rang to dismiss all of the seniors I was walking through the cafeteria and observed a group of my classmates jumping and yelling:

"yeah we're the seniors now!"
"seniors 2014!"
"we run this school!"

When I kept looking I realized that this hadn't just been an in the moment joke.  Someone was distributing shirts with "SENIORS 2014" written across the front.

Really?  Nothing happened in any way that made us seniors already.  I guess some people just couldn't bear another week of junior year.  It seems like there's something about the title of being a senior that appeals to people even when it isn't attached to the actual qualities of being a senior.  I personally find it funny and somewhat ridiculous that these kids are calling them seniors when they still have junior finals in front of them and another summer and full year of school before they can graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment